Milestone Digital Media Consultants knows the importance of getting project fundamentals in place at the start of the project. Proper project preparation is a must have, not a nice to have. Learn more about each phase of our project management services:
Project Definition and Planning: What are you producing? Who is it for? How will it be distributed and evaluated?
The majority of projects succeed or fail in the definition phase – do you have the fundamentals in place? In this phase we define clear and measurable objectives that provide direction and confidence for all project participants.
- Who are the project influencers and stakeholders? A RASCI table creates a clear and realistic picture of who is involved, and what input and impact they will have over the course of the project.
- What are your options?
- What are the best practices?
- Do you have the right technology?
- Do you have the right resources?
- Cost/Benefit Analyses; Feasibility Studies. Often, a business need can have a variety of solutions. MDMC consultants can cost out these options for you, and provide a clearer guide to the solutions and their feasibility.
We know what good looks like, and how to get there.
Scoping and Budgeting: How much does a project like mine cost?
With the project goals and scope clearly defined, we work with your budget range to break down the costs in detail, using established project budgeting and accounting principles married with industry knowledge of current market value of the specialized services inherent to the sector. A detailed project plan is also developed at this stage, so you have a clear and realistic picture of the project’s time-lines and costs.
RFP Development and Management/Project Resourcing: What type of project team do I need? Where do I find the technology and resources?
Here we establish what you’re doing, how much it will cost, and work with you to locate and secure the appropriate suppliers and resources. We are not aligned with any supplier or resource, but we know where the best ones are.
In the resourcing phase, we prepare detailed statements of work and conduct the request for proposal activities in collaboration with you and your procurement stakeholders. Bid evaluation is a core competency at Milestone DMC, both for government and private sector.
Project Execution and Control: How do we keep on track? Are the deliverables up to expectations?
Setting expectations with team members and suppliers right at the start is critical. Milestone DMC’s methodology ensures that projects start on the right foot and down the right path, and continue along without veering.
At this phase, we ensure:
- Project reporting expectations are clear (weekly, monthly, qualitative and/or quantitative).
- Deliverables and milestones are communicated to and understood by all.
- Project time-lines, critical path and key dependencies are agreed upon.
- Project evaluation framework is documented and distributed – these are the criteria and measurements that the project will be evaluated upon, and the team and stakeholders will keep these front of mind throughout the project.
Another core focus of MDMC is deliverable review: each deliverable has three key components:
Too often suppliers do not receive the direction they need in advance of developing any given deliverable. MDMC knows how to direct resources to get the deliverable right the first time – saving money and time in the process.
Detailed project plans are updated and modified by MDMC as each milestone is achieved, and ongoing risk analysis is carried out as the project evolves.
Project Launch and Evaluation: Making a good thing better
When a communications or training program is launched, many organizations stop there. Milestone DMC does not – we actively implement the evaluation strategy and work with clients to assess the audience/user response. Using a continuous improvement approach, we assess feedback and develop recommendations for clients on what to change and how, when and for how much. By adopting an active evaluation and continuous improvement approach, clients gain invaluable insight into their audience’s needs and preferences, and how those change over time as technology and best practices advance so rapidly.